In an effort to extend international development opportunities to a larger number of Ireland’s best young cyclocross racers, the Cycling Ireland Off-Road Commission are seeking applications for places for two UCI cyclocross camps. There are two places available for application at each camp. Successful applicants will be subject to a final selection by the UCI.
The deadline for applications for the first camp in Baal, Belgium in June is 5pm on 25th March. This takes place in the Sven Nys Cycling Centre from the 4th to the 9th June 2017. The second camp takes place in Aigle in October, and the deadline for this camp is 4pm on 15th June. This camp takes place in the UCI Cyclocross centre in Aigle, Switzerland from the 10th – 15th October, and includes racing in the EKZ CrossTour International CX event.
– High level coaching from UCI Cyclo-cross commission member Geoff Proctor (USA) and Belgian Cyclo-cross stars Sven Nys and Sven Vanthourenhout;
– Use of the terrain and facilities at the World Cycling Centre campus (including the Cyclo-cross course used for several past World Cups and the international race to be held on 15.10.2017) as well as the optimal roads and trails in the mountains surrounding Aigle;
– Three training sessions per day (conditioning; technical Cyclo-cross training; and road training), plus a classroom session after dinner at the end of each day;
– Full-board accommodation at the Mon Séjour dormitory facility, with breakfast, lunch and dinner at the World Cycling Centre;
– Focus on the physical, technical, mental, and organizational aspects of competitive Cyclo-cross and serve as excellent preparation for future international competitions.
Riders can apply for both camps but will only be considered for one, should they be successful in their application. Both camps are fully funded.
Riders who are eager to improve through international competition are encouraged to use these camps as a primary development tool in their cyclocross development.
These camps are designed specifically for development of the next generation of Irish cyclocross talent in the categories of Junior/U23 Women and Junior/U23 Men.
The program’s primary focus is international competition with the aim to make an impact in World Cup and World Championship competitions.
A primary element of developing cyclocross riders in Ireland is the belief that the best pathway for international cyclocross success comes through strategic blocks of European cyclocross racing, due to the level of competition, challenge of courses, and exposure to European race conditions.
All interested riders should email their cycling CV to Cyclocross Co-ordinator Andy Layhe firstname.lastname@example.org as their expressions of interest.
Example CV template here.
If you require any further information please contact Andy before the closing dates (above).