Usher Irish Road Club have announced the return of the Mondello Series. Discussions with Mondello Motor Racing Circuit have been ongoing and an agreed set of Covid measures will be introduced for the promotion of these events at the venue.
The series dates for the remainder of the season are:
• Tuesday July 14th*
• Tuesday July 21st
• Tuesday July 28th
• Tuesday August 11th
• Tuesday August 18th
• Tuesday August 25th
* The first event on Tuesday 14th will be a test event in coordination with Cycling Ireland for the purposes of testing online entry and online check-in (sign on) procedures in anticipation of open road races taking place nationwide from after Friday 18th July.
There will be some changes to the format and administration of the event. These include:
• Cycling Ireland Full Competition Licences only. One Event Licences will NOT be available. Spare back numbers will NOT be available. No numbers no race.
• Separate A4 race to start at 6:30pm for approx. 50mins to reduce the number of participants on site overall
• Handicap A1/A2/A3 race to start at 7:30pm for approx. 60mins of racing
• Pre-entry is mandatory through the Cycling Ireland entry system. (Details to follow)
• Check in online will replace sign on.
• Arrival and departure procedures will apply for the administration of the events in accordance with Cycling Irelands published procedures for all stakeholders. These details will be emailed to participants in advance of the event. Full cooperation will be expected to assist with the smooth running of both events.
• Results will be posted online later that evening
• Prizes will be awarded via bank transfer in the days following the event.
Further details regarding entry and arrival at the venue will be made available in due course.