Cycling Ireland have today announced details of their Road & Track Athlete Development Programme which is focused on developing highly talented road and track cyclists who have the potential to compete at the highest level of the sport, achieving medal success at World and Olympic level.
Being piloted in 2020 the programme will prepare athletes for competition at the senior elite level. Supported riders will be guided in their training and preparations, partake in a series of educational seminars, testing and training workshops.
The programme is managed by Cycling Ireland’s Junior International Coaches with riders receiving additional guidance from relevant sports performance specialists.
• Athletes born in the years 2002/2003
• Desire to work towards being an elite cyclist
• Male and Female athletes
• Road and track cyclists
• Previous competition experience is preferable
• In good physical health
• Applicants must have a commitment to continuously improve themselves
• Availability to attend regular seminars and training workshops